Nothing says fall like the smell of freshly baked pumpkin bread. Why make this version? Not only is it loaded with chocolate chips, it’s also incredibly moist and tender thanks to our favorite secret ingredient—sour cream.
Made it? Let us know how it went in the comment section below!
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 c. (1 stick) melted butter
1 1/4 c. granulated sugar
1 c. pumpkin puree
1/4 c. sour cream
2 arge eggs
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 1/4 c. mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line an 8“-x-4” loaf pan with parchment paper then grease with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt, ginger, and nutmeg.
- In a separate large bowl using a hand mixer, beat melted butter, sugar, pumpkin puree, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips, reserving 2 tablespoons for topping loaf, and transfer batter to prepared pan. Smooth top with an offset spatula and sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean, about 1 hour to 1 hour 20 minutes, covering the top with a foil tent after 1 hour if top appears to be getting too dark.
- Let cool 15 minutes before removing from pan and slicing.